Monday, July 13, 2009

I read a quote today that is so good for young mothers: "When raising young kids, remember: The days are long, but the years are short." so true!

2 comments:

  1. I am rereading "Eve and the Choice Made in Eden" by Beverly Campbell for the upteenth time. This should be required reading for all Sisters and an awesome tool for teaching our sons and daughters of their true idenity, especially women. This is about the mistranslation of a few key words. Here is a quote:
    .. through imprecise translation, our understanding of the powerful words used origionally to describe Eve's role have been deminished. As a result, our understanding of the intened role of Mother Eve has also been deminished. Suppose we had all, male and female alike been taught Gen.2:18 as something like the following:"It is not good that man should be alone. I will make him a companion of strenght and power who has a saving power and is equal with him."

    Sisters this is our true idenity that has been lost over the ages from poor translations. Oh, the injustice; and the power of the truth!! Barb

    ReplyDelete