Monday, October 12, 2009

Need some help ladies!

I have come across several projects that I would like to do the only problem is that I need a thrift store to do them! The DI may be what I miss most about Utah! What I needed to know is if any of you ladies know of a good thrift store(s) in the area? Even though we've lived here over a year now, I still feel totally lost on finding things around here! Thanks for your help!

4 comments:

  1. The closest Goodwill store is Midway Store
    Distance: 5.23mi. / 8.42km
    Services: Retail,Donations
    18230 Midway Rd
    Dallas,TX 75287
    972.248.2446

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a fantastic thrift store in The Colony. It is a big one. It used to be called, The Colony Resale Shop, but they changed the name. If you go up Josey Lane all the way into The Colony, then keep going for a mile or two. You will see a McDonald's on the left hand side of the road and the resale shop is on the right. It is in a big shopping center...the same one with Big Lots. If you need an address, look up Big Lots in The Colony and get their address, then go there and you will find the resale shop. It will be worth the drive. There is also another resale shop in Lewisville off of main street. It is also in a shopping center with a Big Lots store. Look up the address for the Lewisville store and you will find the resale shop. Also, at the thrift store in Lewisville, there is a furniture resale store a few stores over (in the same shopping center). It is also a very nice shop with lots of good furniture at great prices. There is another Re-Sale shop in Lewisville that is a branch of the one in The Colony. It is on 121 (I think). Ask the people in The Colony where the other store is. {As you can tell, I love thrift store shopping!} Okay, and if that is not enough....there is another Good Will store on Belt Line Road. Going south on Josey Lane, turn left and go maybe 1 mile (or less). It will be on the right hand side of the road. AND in Farmers Branch there is a Salvation Army store off of Josey Lane, just south of Valley View Lane. It is on the BACK SIDE of the shopping center. I am smiling as I say this, because I didn't ever realize this before, but there is a BIG LOTS store across the street in the shopping center by McDonalds. I hope this gives you a good variety of thrift stores to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, we like to go to Lewisville on Main Street west of I-35. At the corner of Old Orchard and Main is a Big Lots store and in that parking lot is Thrift World...there's some really fun Halloween costumes there. Mondays they have lots of sales going on. If you head down Old Orchard past to the next parking lot, you will see the discount Mrs. Baird's store. I love getting good bread at a discount and they give you a free bread or what not for every $6.00 you spend. If you fill up your blue card, you get an extra loaf or two of bread. I love it! I love going to Once Upon a Child in Flower Mound as well, because it's right next to Sprouts and Wednesdays at Sprouts you get double savings.

    ReplyDelete