Friday, August 28, 2009

Be Nice to Spiders


The other night Melissa and I noticed this.
In the kitchen, high on the wall between the table and the kitchen sink,
there was a tiny spider web. It was so small, I didn't even notice it....
Until I found it had caught this wasp.
When I first noticed it, the wasp was still alive. It was moving, trying to get loose.
I thought to myself, "I will do a little science fair experiment here."
"I will leave the wasp right where it is."
It didn't get loose.
In fact, the next morning, it was either paralyzed or dead.
I left it there while I went to my job.
A little later, Melissa called to tell me that the spider had returned to the web.
It was eating the wasp! She said it looked kind of neat.
When I got home from work, it was gone.
I left it there again.
The next day I was able to catch the spider hard at work, eating his dinner.
I took this picture.
I know some people are afraid of spiders, but I'm not.
This spider is an inspiration to me.
Just imagine if someone said to this tiny spider,
"For dinner tonight you can eat an insect that moves a thousand miles an hour
and is 10 times your size."
Do you think the spider would have believed it?
Would he have thought, "I can't do that!" ?
Heavenly Father sometimes asks us to do things that seem insurmountable,
but he gives us all the tools and abilities we need to do His will.
All we have to do is recognize our inner strength and utilize the gifts he has given us.
Be Nice to Spiders (like the book says).
Take a lesson from them.
"If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain,
Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and
nothing shall be impossible unto you."
Matthew 17:20

No comments:

Post a Comment